In a moment of madness…I agreed to be driver on a Three Peaks Challenge…..
So (together with two other drivers / driver/walkers) on the weekend of 9-11 June, I will be:
– leaving London at about 6.30pm on Friday and going up to the Lake District, to stay in a Youth Hostel near Morecambe Bay
– leaving Morecambe Bay on Saturday morning to drive up to Ben Nevis, to allow the walkers to start at about 2.30pm
– (sleeping / going to pub) – collecting the walkers at about 8pm, when they will be eating wayfarer food (reconstituted / add-water style food…. I think that I will be eating in the pub….)
– driving from Ben Nevis to Scafell Pike, to allow the drivers to start walking up at 2.30am (!)
– driving from Scafell Pike to Snowdon,
– resting while they go up and down Snowdon (there is a train, but I don’t think that I can get on it, as usually full from Llanberis onwards)
– going to pub after Snowdon
– driving back to London to arrive back around 7pm
The ‘Challenge’ element is to not only climb the three peaks, but to do it all (from Ben Nevis ascent start to Snowdon completion) in under 24 hours, including the driving.