I have been told I need to blog this for future reference/wider enjoyment.
Here goes (taken from BBC Good Food in April 2003 and tweaked a bit).
Makes 8 ramekins (and 1 ramekin is quite enough for anyone)
100g/4oz plain digestive biscuits
50g/2oz butter, melted
200g proper white chocolate (e.g. Green and Black’s)
142ml double cream
125g full-fat soft cheese – e.g. Philadelphia
125g mascarpone [Edit 15/5/09 – creme fraiche works as well, and is a lighter taste]
1. Bash up the biscuits (food processor/in a plastic bag with a rolling pin), stir in melted butter and spread across ramekins, pressing down with the back of a spoon to make the layer firm. Place in fridge until needed.
2. Mix together (beat) the cream, cheese and mascarpone.
3. Melt the white chocolate in a bain-marie / bowl over simmering water. Let the chocolate cool slightly.
4. Tip the chocolate into the cream/cheese/mascarpone and stir in.
5. Add the raspberries (n.b. if you are using frozen raspberries, don’t put them straight into the white chocolate – makes it go lumpy and frozen again.
6. Spread mixture amongst ramekins, and smooth with back of spoon.
7. Place in fridge for 3 hours/overnight.