What I cooked for Saturday dinner (shortly before the brand-new cooker died – grr!) for The Husband, Sister-In-Law The Younger and me.
Recipe is taken from Nigella Express and tweaked here and there.
Garlic to taste
Pancetta (c. 75g – or a whole packet, if more)
Bunch of rosemary
3 chicken breasts
1/2 tsp celery salt
125ml white wine
400g (tin) of chopped tomatoes
2 bay leaves
400g (tin) of cannellini beans.
2/3 peppers – red/yellow will work best
1. Fry off the chopped garlic, onions, rosemary and pancetta for a couple of minutes (adding one at a time – probably in the order stated above)
2. Add the chicken, stir well, sprinkle with celery salt
3. Pour in the wine, and let it come to a bubble.
4. Add the tomatoes and bay leaves.
5. Replace lid, simmer for 20 minutes.
6. c. 5-10 mins before serving, add the sliced peppers.
7. Drain the beans and add to the pan just at the end of the 20 minutes (in 5.) – when they have warmed through – Serve!
This was accompanied by some rather lovely focaccia (with a garlic and pesto centre) made by Sister-In-Law-The-Younger.