Thanks to The Sister for passing this recipe on. Perhaps, once my broken cooker is fixed, I will be able to try this one out myself.
1. 2 x 250g blocks of butter
2. 1 x small (454g) tin of golden syrup
3. 1 x sugar bowl/cup of sugar
4. 300g plain flour
5. 600g oats
6. large baking tray with at least 1″ deep sides
7. Oven pre-heated to 200 degrees centigrade.
place 1, 2 and 3 into a large saucepan and boil until all melted,
combined and caramelised. remove from heat. pout in 4 & 5 to the
liquid mix and stir. pour into lined and prepared 6 and level.
place in 7 for 9-10 mins until light golden brown. remove from oven.
score into slices. allow to cool in tin for approx 10 mins. cut down
along scored lines. invert onto cooling rack, use second cooling rack
to then make flapjack right way up again and separate out the pieces
and allow to cool, checking the quality control slice(s).