New Year means new plans – if not quite New Year’s Resolutions.
I am decluttering!
I am gradually falling under the spell of the Flylady – yes, I have started to shine my sink. One of the testimonials she shared recently set out some key questions to help on the decluttering front:
1. Is this something that has strong sentimental value?
2. Can I purchase this later if I need it again? (I think that the same question can be asked in terms of ‘can I borrow this / can I get this from Freegle/Freecycle if I need it again?’)
3. When was the last time I used this?
4. Do I have more than one of these?
5. Does the thing remind me of someone or an event I don’t wish to remember?
6. Do I want to watch this or read this again?
7. Is this something someone else would enjoy more than I do? (take a photo and put it on Facebook and see if a friend wants it?)
8. Is there an organisation or person who would benefit from the money I could earn by selling this?
I thought that these were rather good.